Arctic Ice Fishing in Christmassy Athmosphere
This tour is an excellent way to enjoy the peace and quiet, the dusk of kaamos and ice fishing on a lake teeming with fish.
We meet at Levi Tourist Information and drive to the village of Rautuskylä a quarter from Levi centre. There we will have a short walk to the Lake Rautusjärvi, where we hopefully catch many fish.
While ice fishing, we will enjoy the quiet of the wilderness and have lunch by a camp fire in a beautiful Lappish hut. We can cook all the fish we have caught also by the fire. During the trip the guide will tell us stories about the Christmas time in Lapland.
- Duration: approx. 3-4 hours
- Level of difficulty: requires normal condition
- Guidance: guided
- What to bring: warm wind- and waterproof clothing, gloves, warm hat, shoes suitable for trekking
- Participation fee: 75 € / person (children under 12 years 40 €/person)
- Fee includes: transportation, ice fishing equipment, snowshoes ( if needed ), catering and guidance
- Languages: Finnish, English