Day trip to Kautokeino
We start from Levi at 9 a.m. and drive through the wilderness to Hetta. In Hetta we will have a break at Skierri before continuing North towards Sámi centre Kautokeino.
We will see skilled silver smiths working at Juhls Silver Gallery and have a tour around the centre of Kautokeino to see if we can find something to take home. Norwegian woolen jackets are popular souvenirs.
We will return to Hetta for lunch and head back to Levi via Sonkamuotka where we visit Arctic Knife souvenir shop for coffee and to have a look at Lappish handicraft. We will return to Levi in the evening and with a bit of luck we might see the Northern Lights.
- Duration: full day trip
- Level of difficulty: easy
- Guidance: guided
- Reservation: raiski(at)levi.fi or +358 40 716 3033
- Group size: min. 4 persons
- Participation fee: 120 €/person (children under 12 years 60 €/person)
- Fee includes: transportation, entrance fees, lunch and guidance
- Languages: Finnish, English