Hiking trip to Pallas
Hiking in the Pallas National Park
Visit the starting point of the 1952 Olympic Torch Relay
After meeting at Levi Tourist Information we take off for Pallas.
In Pallas we drop by the Pallastunturi Visitor Centre and learn useful facts about fells and local wildlife.
Then it's time to head for Taivaskero to see the magnificent view from the fell top. In 1952, the Olympic flame started its journey from Taivaskero to the Summer Olympics in Helsinki. The wild nature opens our senses and relaxes our mind.
After lunch at the Hotel Pallas, we will head home. On our way back to Levi is a Lappish reindeer herder village Raattama. During the drive, the guide will tell about the region and local folklore.
- Duration: 4-5 hours
- Level of difficulty: requires normal condition
- Group size: min. 6 persons
- Reservation: raiski(at)levi.fi or +358 40 716 3033
- What to bring: windproof and waterproof clothing, shoes suitable for trekking
- Participation fee: 85 €/person, children under 12 y.o. 50 €/person
- Fee includes: transportation, catering, poles, guidance
- Languages: Finnish, English