Olympic snowshoe tour
OLYMPIC SNOWHSOE TOUR
We meet at Levinportti and take off for Pallas. In Pallas we visit the information centre and watch a slideshow.
After the slideshow, we put on our snowshoes and start off for Taivaskero. In 1952, the Olympic flame started its journey from Taivaskero to the summer Olympic games in Helsinki.
If the weather permits, we can admire the magnificent view from the felltop. We return to Hotel Pallas for lunch. After lunch, we will head home. On our way back to Levi we pass a Lappish reindeer-herder village Raattama.
We can stop in Raattama for a coffee break in a local diner to observe the local lifestyle. We will also drive through small villages Tepasto and Köngäs. During the drive, the guide will tell facts about the region and local folklore.
- Duration: 4-5 hours
- Level of difficulty: requires normal condition
- Reservation: previous day by 6 p.m. raiski(at)levi.fi or +358 40 716 3033
- Group size: at least 4 persons
- What to bring: wind- and waterproof clothing, warm gloves, hat, shoes suitable for trekking
- Participation fee: 85 €/person, children under 12 years 45 €/person
- Fee includes: transportation, catering, snowshoes, poles, (gaiters) and guidance
- Languages: Finnish, English