Snowshoe tour to Aakenustunturi
SNOWSHOE TOUR TO AAKENUSTUNTURI
We meet at Levinportti and take off for Aakenustunturi. In Totovaara we put on our snowhoes and start to hike uphill to Moloslaki.
Sweating cannot be avoided,but we will have breaks to catch breath. During the breaks the guide will tell Aakenustunturi stories. If the weather permits, on top of Moloslaki we can admire the stunning view to Levi and Ylläs and other fells. After a snack break we will head back in powder snow. During the drive back to Levi, we can stop in Kittilä and visit the Einari Junttila museum or the old church.
- Duration: 4-5 hours
- Level of difficulty: requires normal condition
- Reservation: previous day by 6 p.m. raiski(at)levi.fi or +358 40 716 3033
- Group size: at least 4 persons
- What to bring: wind- and waterproof clothing, gloves, warm hat, shoes suitable for trekking
- Participation fee: 75 €/person, children under 12 years 40 €/person
- Fee includes: transportation, catering, snowshoes, poles, gaiters and guidance
- Languages: Finnish, English