Trip to the Sami Culture and Handicraft
At 9 o'clock we start our journey to Sami culture and life. We travel amongst the fells on an unpaved road. We will have a coffee break in the Lapp village Pokka. We might spot reindeer and other wildlife on our way.
During the drive the guide tells us facts and folklore about the Sami culture. In Siida museum, we familiarize ourselves with the Sami history and culture.
Lunch will be served in Inari before heading to an artist's studio. For hundreds of years people have felt wool and with Kaija's assistance we get to learn this skill.
There is also a possibility to purchase beautiful handicrafts. As the evening comes we head back to Levi and with a bit of luck get to admire the Aurora Borealis on the way.
- Duration: approx. 13 hours, start 9 a.m.
- Level of difficulty: easy
- Reservation: raiski(at)levi.fi or +358 40 716 3033
- Participation fee: 140 €/person, children under 12 years 70 €/person
- Fee includes: transportation, catering, entrance fee to Siida, felting course, guidance
- Languages: Finnish, English